Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Snow White virus

How much room do you have in your sub?  As far as DR is concerned, I like to lay out a chart and use a pencil...  Assuming you have an electronic solution in mind, are you talking about a GPS unit
or some sort of ECS?  Electronically I can see using a fluxgate compass and external knotmeter to provide NMEA info on course and speed, with the GPS overriding when the signal becomes
available (when you are surfaced).  Adjustment for current would need to be made according to a tide/current atlas, but the information in these publications is generally surface oriented.  How much
of a discrepancy will there be at depth?  As for staying out of the way of traffic - you're in a submarine... just who are you expecting to run into?

-Sean