Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] perflubron filled interior

> going with a perflubron filled interior on my sodium powered turbine
> propelled psub.  It dosen't compress right?  So I could get to the
> bottom of the Marianas Trench without imploding?

    It shouldn't compress much (probably less than your hull.  :-)   Of
course, if it's an ambient pressure sub you could go with a 'soft' hull
design anyway.   Oooh, think of the viewports you could have....)
    Come to think of it, a hard hat diving suit could be adapted to use
perflubron as the medium....   I just wish I could get more info on the
stuff, it's an interesting molecule.  :-)

> If I wasn't a vegan I'd test it out on a lab rat first.

    You might want to overcome that qualm...if the sub is safe, the rat
will be fine, and if it's not...better the rat than you.