Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Fuel cells

Hi fellow Submadmans:
Craig was apparently offering up his ideas for peer review.  Having already
arrived at the conclusion that his ideas were very impressive, he was
obviously confounded by unexpected criticism. To overcome the uncomfortable
physical effects (cognitive dissonance) of this incongruency, a
decision--albeit on an unconscious level--had to be made.
a) Perhaps my ideas are in fact flawed.   Though I have spent much time and
thought with this project,  my worst suspicions are being echoed.  I'll
return to the drawing board once again until I'am 100% satisfied.
NOTE:  Here the dissonance is resolved quickly.  But sadly, the foundation
on which the design idea rests will probably have to be eliminated which
confirms the age-old saying: "there's nothing new under the sun".

b) I have spent too much time and energy in deep thought about this project.
I've taken everything possible into consideration.  My design ideas are not
radical/dangerous, but instead unique/novel.  Criticism must therefor be the
result of ineptitude on the part of what I expected would be very impressed
peers.
NOTE: The dissonance is reduced, but still lingers not unlike the pain of a
half-removed splinter in the index finger.

In summary, I can empathize with Craig's frustration.  He has obviously done
his homework.  But I suspect those same nagging suspicions he has had all
along are coming back to haunt him.  The fact that he continues to defend
his position through personal attacks confirms he has made decision "b", and
will not experience relief any time soon.  In fact, he will not experience
relief even if he discontinues communicating with this discussion group.
No, relief will only be realized once he makes decision "b", or finally
proves his point by actuall building the craft he has in mind and it is
successful.
At this point  Craig I offer a decision "c" which would probably benefit all
concerned.  Lay to rest this idea of using propane for ballast at this forum
for the time being.  Instead, show your generousity by sharing valuable
technical information with we who may not be as knowledgeable.  I for one
would be extremely grateful.  In the meantime, continue to pursue your
ideas, and keep us informed in terms of your progress.
TTYL,
BigDave