[PSUBS-MAILIST] Propane sub

Craig,

Don't sweat the negative criticism. I don't like to hear people attack the
person instead of the idea. I think most people are resistant to new ideas
even if they are dangerous or not. If we didn't take risks we would still be
living in caves.
Just bear in mind that risk takers sometimes die. This site is full of risk
takers despite some of the talk. Who ever wants to build a steel or
fiberglass coffin is a risk taker.
I think we need to take the risks carefully but take them anyway. I used to
be a cave diver so I'm familiar with risks.

Best of luck to you but be careful,

Thanks, Ken.

As far as risk taking goes, I'm one of those guys that taught themselves to fly
 gyrocopters- and the conventional wisdom these days is that only a fool would
do that.

Well, guess what?  I'm neither a fool nor did I take risks to teach myself.   I
 used a program of incremental procedures to explore and master the behavior of
 the aircraft, and never had so much as a scare.

Nearly anything can be done safely, if you remember the most important maneuver
 in a test pilot's repertoire: retreat. No one can do everything perfectly the
first time, so there's no sense pretending you could.

As long as you have a way out at every step of the way, you can explore
anything.  Take a chance and miss the rope, and it's a long way down.
Sitting on a lawn chair a mile off the ground sort of drills that into you
(even if you are wearing a parachute at the time).

Rest assured that I'll have my head out for this as well.

Craig Wall