Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re:Format for Busby (was: The Navy Speaks: Busby is Publi...

In a message dated 10/6/00 5:44:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
awolfe_98@yahoo.com writes:

> Let's not overlook postscript either.  There exist a
>  great many free tools, converters to/from pdf.  Also
>  converters for html, plain text, and for your formulas
>  you can write stuff up in LaTeX and then convert it to
>  postscript.  If I'm not mistaken, pdf is nothing but
>  an extension of postscript with compression built in
>  (so it's far easier for Adobe to protect and license
>  their IP).

PostScript might be the way to go for the initial scan, but when it comes to
actually putting the book up on the website I think that a PostScript version
would be a waste of space since PDF is available in every OS that I am
familiar with (except a few ones that have no business with any type of text
tool anyways). Go with PDF and maybe an HTML version too.

Anthony