Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] sorry i am late

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dale" <heinzind@cadvision.com>
To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2000 8:35 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] sorry i am late

Hey!  ;-)

Just got up on the 'net.  Spent the morning pulling the motor out of the
Nautilus in preparation for installing a bigger one.  Been checking
MOTORGUIDE'S 107# unit, and MINN KOTA's 101# thrust MAXXUM.  The diameter of
the MAXXUM lower end is the same as my M-K 4HP, but she's a couple inches
longer.  New motor will require surgery on the pressure hull tailcone.
Pulled off some exterior plates to expose the P-hull, and found an old
pocket knife lodged in there that's been missing for about ten years or so.
Made out of brass and stainless, and it aint even rusty!  How 'bout that?

Getting featured in a national periodical would be a good way to gain public
exposure; sounds like a good idea.  They usually have staff writers who do
articles on subjects their editors think are suitable for their audience; so
Dan, I think the method you suggested could be a good way to go.   And Mike:
yeah!  Two great magazines!  They really DO need more articles on psubs!  We
oughta tell 'em.

In fact, why not just tell them about this website, and see if we can get
them to do an article on the growing popularity of personal submersibles
Worldwide?

And Dale: good way to go!  Your sub looks "first rate" and "top shape" all
the way.  You could win the Golden Hammer.  Do it!

Gotta run!

Pat