Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Book

In a message dated 9/14/00 1:08:36 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
vulcania@interpac.net writes:

> The ultimate book for PSUB builders could be this website.  Here, we are
>  trying to collect "everything you ever wanted to know about PSUBS", and
>  hopefully then-some.  I think most of the general topics of "what should go
>  into it" are already addressed here; and if something new comes to mind,
>  there's a good chance it will probably turn up here, too.

This is a good place for tossing around ideas, getting help with getting an
idea of what you are getting into and finding out about what other people
have done, but when it comes down to "How thick should the dome be if I want
to go down x feet?" or "How do I keep the stuff sticking through the hull
from leaking and rupturing it?" there is either no info or the available info
is buried under a couple hundred or more e-mails talking about everything
from swimsuit calenders to whether or not the sub in Colombia was going to be
used for drug smuggling or not.
 Now I'm not trying to bash the list since I think that it can be a very
valuable resource and there is nothing wrong with talking about 4 inch
minisubs getting attacked by killer guppies, it's just that there is no
centralized source of info that I can go to and look up a bit of info and get
it within 5 minutes of the beginning of my search at 2 AM.

>  We've got it all: past and current projects; design and construction
>  techniques; sources and suppliers of equipment; links to related sites;
>  spontaneous communication amongst submarine fans Worldwide; etc.  Now, if
we
>  could just feature a few of those bikini clad women we were talking
>  about....  ;-)

How about some nude pictures of DeepWorker?

Anthony