Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: The next step in drug traffic cut short. Subs!

Hi Mike

"Michael B. Holt" schrieb:

> Somewhere, there is on display a sub used to smuggle persons
> out of East Germany.  Carsten, have you see that one?

I have seen 2 real and 1 project of East/west Germany smuggle subs.

Number 1 is on Ray's famous page and called "Electric eel" was made by
an
east-german ship-engineer and not used because the "Stasi " grab him
and his small one man plywood/polyester sub before he can use it to
travel
from Rostock to Kiel in the baltic sea.

Number 2 is is called the "The Wan See Submarine " and is from 1963
and very impressive. Its a mixture between a wet and a dry sub. The
forward
compartment is wet and here is the place for the diver which controls
the sub.
This part looks like a fighter aircraft from WWII. Its was 20 feet long.
The compartment behind him is dry and maybe for 1-2 persons to flee.
Is was found by a British MP-Patrol on the Pfaueninsel near Berlin and
most
of the equipment was made in the west..
I will send some black and white pictures to Ray next time from this sub
because
it is obviously a selfmade sub (It looks like a wild mixture between a
Biber
and a Aircraft - after an desaster..)

Number 3 is my own design and was designed one year before the border
falls and the
funny games in middle german lakes comes to end.
A guy from east-germany flee with a magnetic indicator over the border
and get my friend.
He told me that he wants also his east girl friend to change the side -
but here heart was not
in best condition and a flee over the country border or in a wet sub
seems to hard for here.

So I designed a two person dry sub for shallow water from unexpensive
material (propane tank with
car starter etc.) for only one single mission. It looks like a "Neger" a
torpedo with a dome for
the driver and the VIP cargo without a window laying behind him. Most of
the east-german coast line
is real shallow. So it was designed for night operation. (Un-)Fortunatly
the border falls and my friend
found a new girl friend here before I go to build it.

Also I have some informations about two profesional build east/west
spionage subs made
from our goverment during this time - but this is not a information for
the archiv files
on the internet..

> According to one source, Robert Fulton designed a submarine
> to rescue Napolean from Elbe.  Napolean ruined everything by
> dying too soon.

Thats right.

> Smuggling is a very American activity.  All the Americas,
> all the time.

Did your coast guard have deep charges ?

> Mike

regards, Carsten - and CSSX has an Cargo capacity of about 3ts and
transatlantic range -
if I fill all ballast tanks and regulators with fuel..