[PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Russian Sub Sunk

On Thu, 17 Aug 2000 07:42:28 -0700 "Wade Carson" writes:
>Actually, there are three full pages worth in my newspaper today.
>Phil managed to get himself half a page so they still have the local
>connection. He's a bit of a local celebrity.

The reason I see nothing about it here is because the only thing
that ever happens here (Richmond, Virginia, USA) is fussing about
how bad the school system is said to be.  We have here no industry
that has any connection with matters maritime.

>They are saying that the RAF sub has the ability to mate at that angle
>and it's on its way to the scene.  Unfortunately, it sounds like it
might
>be too little too late.

I'm glad the Brits have the hardware, but I wish the Russians had
called for help a couple of days ago.

A buddy of mine asked me what it's like for the Russians.  I admitted
I've never been anywhere near that situation, but I took a shot at it.
I told her to imagine being locked in her Jeep, in the garage in the
dead of winter, with all the cracks in the garage sealed so no light
gets through, without food or water . . . for a week.  For added
authenticity, I suggested she place 500 pounds of dry ice in the
garage and seal the garage airtight.  Did I miss something?

Mike

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.