Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] motor seals

Hi Jon;

I'm not sure your question has been answered, so let me give it a try...

The purpose of a magnetic coupling is to negate the need for a
through-housing shaft because the motor turns a magnet internally (inside the
housing) which couples with an external magnet which spins the prop.  Nothing
penetrates the housing except the magnetic field.  No seals are needed
because there is no penetration of the motor housing.

Does that help, or have I muddied the water?

Stan

In a message dated 8/15/00 4:08:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time, jon@zk3.dec.com