Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Thoughts on Volts and H2O was Compensation

At 21:56 -0700 8/13/00, Gary R. Boucher wrote: >David,
>     To answer your question, 120-volts as you would find it in a wall
>outlet is actually a single "hot" wire that carries a voltage in reference
>to the neutral wire.  The neutral is, or is "supposed" to be at ground
>potential.  <snip>
>     In theory, if you drove a metal rod into the ground and put a light
>bulb between the hot wire of the 120 line and the ground rod it will
>light.  <more snip>

But that's only because the electric company is wired up that way, right? I mean, back where that hot wire comes from the other wire is jammed into the ground, right?

--
David
Osage MN USA