Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Fuel Cells Yet ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Karl Fuller <fullerk@voyager.co.nz>
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Date: Wednesday, July 19, 2000 7:32 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Fuel Cells Yet ?

>Off the topic again, I noticed Dale that the internal rings in your sub
>construction shots, appear to show the internal rings are fully welded both
>sides. Is that a Kittridge requirement, survey standard or just good policy
>? I've had a lot to do with yacht survey standards for welding and I would
>have thought alternate from side to side welding would be enough as fully
>welding seems a lot extra. However, I have no experience welding a PSUB and
>PSUBs are a totally different kettle of fish to yachts/ships so please wise
>me up !
>I like the job you are doing Dale, looks great ! Keep up the photo updates.

<snip>

George supplies no construction manual, however I have talked to him about
this, and he says it is not necessary to weld all the way around..  but if I
did, it would not add, or subtract from the stregnth..I did this on my own,
as it would not detract in any way from the finished product, and I had to
have some place to practice welding.... I figured this would be a great spot
to start.

dale