[PSUBS-MAILIST] Tragedy strikes a PSUBBER....

According to a news article I read the other day:

The builder of a small submarine was lost at sea during proving tests about three months ago: an extensive search failed to find either the wreck or the poor man's body.

Last week, recreational scuba divers came upon the small submersible and it's hapless inventor.  The boat was sitting on the bottom, flooded; the hatch was open, and the the pilot was found stuck partway out of the hatch, with a large oyster clamped to his left gluteus maximus.  Astoundingly, upon recovery, the oyster was found to contain a large valuable pearl.

The divers also found identification on the body, and faxed the pilot's widow the details of how her husband's body had been recovered along with a pearl worth some $50,000.00 (possibly hoping this would ease her grief somewhat).

Her reply?  "Send me the pearl, and re-bait the trap."