[PSUBS-MAILIST] Odd idea

I don't know how many of you know about this kind of stuff, but I just
thought I might as well send this out and see what happens.

Most, if not all, of you have heard of fuel cells before and are familar with
how they bring two chemicals close together and use a membrane to have them
react to generate electricity.
 The question is: Does water have a high enough concentration of Oxygen in it
to be able to react in a fuel cell by running the water directly through the
O2 part of the fuel cell in place of air or bottled O2? If the answer is yes
then that would mean PSubs could have a much longer operating time and range
than normal and maybe even a backup O2 source in case of a desperate
emergency.

Could this work?

Anthony

Anthony