Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Post to Vance Bradley

In a message dated Tue, 18 Apr 2000 12:33:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Phil Nuytten <72020.572@compuserve.com> writes:

<< Hi, Vance:
        Pisces 2 is reported to be in Miami, Fla. Do you know whereabouts
or contact? Guy I know is in film production on the Roger Chapman book " No
time on our side" and wants to find a P - boat for the movie . .appreciate
any info.
Regards
Phil Nuytten

Phil,

Sorry for the delay but I have been waiting for connections to respond in Dade County. Pete Hoffman allowed as how he could probably find it, which means he probably knows where it is and is looking for an angle to make a buck (him being a yacht broker and all, how could we be surprised?). Anyhow, he is swamped at the moment, but will let me know something in the next couple of weeks. I am supposed to have lunch with him one of these fine days after we get this damned reactor refueled and running again, so might have more info shortly.

Do you think these folks will really do this film? I just re-read Roger's book and it seems like a good visual story is there, although not from the PII viewpoint. Laying around in the dark wishing for a cup of tea with lots of milk and sugar (and a stand-up place to pee!!!) won't seem very dramatic, I don't suppose.

I guess the NASA deal is on hold. I thought about you guys out there 24-hrs prior to two launches and the seas must have been somewhere between sloppy to omigod. Call if you need a kibitzer.

Best Regards,
Vance