[PSUBS-MAILIST] Homebuilt Submarines Video update...

Hi,

First, I want to say THANK YOU to all the people who have agreed to contribute to the HOMEBUILT SUBMARINES VIDEO project; I am tremendously grateful and more than a little overwhelmed by the response I've received.

Secondly, I want to let you guys know I'm pushing the deadline date back a ways to give Vance a chance to modify his hull and get some U/W footage of his sub in operation, so we're not in a big rush here.

I'll be compiling incoming scans and footage through the Summer, and editing in the early Fall.  This means everyone is going to have time to get their boats into the water, or shoot some scenes of them "in progress" in the shop.

And, hopefully, some other sub owners will find time to join us as well.

Remember: organized scenes with your monologue included are great and highly encouraged; but also, non-narrated scenes with natural sounds and candid conversation allows me a full foundation over which to lay narration and music; so maybe consider sending some of each.

And: Video 8mm is the best for me.  I can use other formats (Digital 8, VHS, PAL, etc.), but I'll have to transfer them to Video 8 because that's what my computer editing system accepts.  The financial cost of transfers is no problem, but your footage might lose a small amount of quality.  So If you can film in Video 8, that would be great; if not, send it anyway!  I've got brand new top-of-the-line equipment with image enhancement and reality regeneration capabilities.  One way or another, I'll make it work!

Still photos are good; and I can also use your emailed scans; so don't forget to send some stills!

And please include a written overview of who you are, where you live; specs on your sub; how you came to own it; and anything else you'd like the public to know.  That's important!

I want to ensure that the people who have agreed to support this project will be proud of it. I'm going to do the best job of representing each of you individually, and all of us collectively, that I can possibly do.

I hope you guys will also "go the whole nine yards" and present the best examples of your submarines that you can.  In a very real sense, this program is going to be about YOU, so please take full advantage of the opportunity to show your finest to the public.

I feel incredibly fortunate to have some of the best submarine people in the World taking part in this project; therefore, I'm inclined to push less for speed of production and more for quality.  So take your time; enjoy your boat this Spring and Summer; and don't forget that camcorder!

I may have to disengage from the forum for a while because the constant handling of archive email is time consuming, and the editing of my (nearly completed) NAUTILUS MINISUB VIDEO demands as much of my C-drive as I can keep free.  But I'll be in touch off the boards, and I encourage you guys to email me directly.  Any questions, please ask!  And if you know someone who might like to join in, please have them contact me, or send me their email address.

Me Ka Mahalo e Malama Pono o Hawaii!

Pat
vulcania@interpac.net