Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] UW-DGPS

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carsten Standfuß" <MerlinSub@t-online.de>
To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 18, 2000 10:32 PM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] UW-DGPS

> Hi folks,
>
> which ways we have to get the GPS and the DGPS signal down under
> - say to 300 feet under the surface ?
>
> Carsten

Hi Carsten,

I see where you're going with this, and believe me: it's something I'm
interested in, too; but I haven't done any real research into it yet.

If anyone knows of a way to work a GPS in a submerged PSUB without dragging
a floating antenna, I'd sure like to hear about it.  As it stands (without
any real study into the matter) I don't think the signal will penetrate to
any appreciable depth.  I hope I'm wrong.  I'd love to be able to navigate
accurately underwater.

VBR,

Pat