Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Survival Gear (

Ray , On the red sea in november of 98, some navy divers doing a survey on
an open sub type underwater vehiclewere attack by a shark the spear whith
the power head save their life, At least that is what i read on the report.

It was an open sub not a 1atm, it will be dangerous to carry this on psub,

relative to carry weapons  on board of any vessel I must say that, I been
carryng a weapon on my sailboat and i had declared on every port i visited,
in some countries like bermuda even a signal gun, the ones you can buy at
west marine are consider weapons and should be turn in, same goes for
ammunition.
certainly i have avoided to visit some countries on the middle east, (i fly
the israeli flag).
It is a misconception that most countries do not like americans, i will say
most countries envy americans for their achivements and rights

an epirb is a radio device that when activated broadcast a signal
(emergency) that is pick up by the coast guard and use to determine the
distrees position , of course is only of use if it is register and if you
are on the surface. ther is different types depending if you are conducting
your operations offshore or inshore

regards.

Gabriel