Re: WHO CARES ABOUT GUNS was Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] PSUBFatalities...View Ports...Shatterproof

----- Original Message -----
From: <VBra676539@aol.com>
To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2000 9:18 AM
Subject: Re: WHO CARES ABOUT GUNS was Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST]
PSUBFatalities...View Ports...Shatterproof

> In a message dated 3/15/00 6:08:38 AM, porpoise@midcoast.com.au writes:
>
> << I HAVE JUST HAD TO DELETE UMPTEEN MESSAGES ABOUT GUNS, WHO CARES???
>
> WELL IF YOU DO, GO TO A GUN SITE AND TELL THEM ABOUT IT, THIS IS SUPPOSED
>
> BE ABOUT PSUBS NOT THIS OTHER @##@#$$$$%^#^ SHIT.
>
> SO WHY DON'T THE GUN LOVING, MEET EATING, NIGGER HATING F... WITS GO AND
>
> DISSCUSS THEIR GUNNS ELSE WHERE WITH THOSE WHO ARE INTRESTED. >>
>
> And while we are at it, we could look for a page for trash mouthed,
all-cap
> web shouting bigots and post it to this web site for your convenience.
Would
> that be helpful?
> Vance

Hey Porpoise (whoever you are),

I started this thread with a question about FATALITIES; that evolved into a
really good rap about SAFETY; which progressed into a discussion about the
strength of VIEWPORTS; which led someone who works in that field to mention
the BULLET-RESISTANT QUALITIES of certain materials used therein; which led
to a few jokes before someone brought up a question about the WEAPONS used
to do such tests; which in turn engendered a free-form discussion about GUNS
in general.  The guy who runs this website didn't have any problem with
that,  and neither did any of the people who contributed to this thread.
Some of the commentary may have bordered on "war stories", but hey!  What's
wrong with that?  These people are talking about what they want to talk
about, and actually keeping a pretty close lid on it.  In fact, you're the
one who broke out the excessive profanity and offensive racial epithets.  It
was fairly cool up to that point.

The people at PSUBS frequently get into incendiary issues; such is the
nature of intellectual debate.  I wouldn't let it trip my hammer.  You can
go away mad if you want to; but personally, I welcome your comments and
continued interaction on this site or in private.  However, you might
remember this website is visited by family folk, and exercise a little
civility in your choice of terms.  That would do a lot for your credibility.
As it is, your "rant" looks a lot worse than what you're complaining about,
and the point you were trying to make is completely obscured by your
delivery.

One other thing: in a public forum such as this, (or anywhere else, as far
as that goes) you've got to stand behind what you say, and that means
signing your good name to it.   Otherwise, your words don't mean nothin',
and nobody's going to take you seriously.

Just some friendly advice, brah.  You might want to shallow out your
approach a couple degrees or so.....up to you.

Pat Regan
vulcania@interpac.net