Re: GUNS was Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] PSUB Fatalities...View Ports...Shatterproof

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000 09:26:35 +1300, "Karl  & Shirin Fuller"
<fullerk@voyager.co.nz> wrote:

> only the first letter of the words 'Dad it's me' reach
> your ears before they are drowned out by the bast of sound form your gun.

And that is where the guy holding the gun screwed up. You NEVER NEVER NEVER
shoot at something you can't identify.

I was at Thunder Ranch last summer, taking Defensive Handgun (awesome
course), and when you go through the Terminator shooting house, you very
quickly learn to positively identify your target, and the fact that they
are carrying a weapon. Many of the targets are carrying things that
resemble weapons, like a drill, but you can't shoot them.

For night work, you use a flashlight in one hand, and the gun in the other,
Having tritium sights helps too...

I'm kind of sad to say this, but anyone who shoots a shadow in their house
thinking it is an intruder without positively identification deserves what
they get...

Later,
Jon

   Jon Hylands      Jon@huv.com      http://www.huv.com/jon