Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Bouancy (please read)

Hi Katie - I love this problem also..Its new for me..

There is another point - its geological.

The oceans with the high density saltwater like
the dead sea, the read sea, the black sea etc.
are near the aquator than the ocean with the freshwaters like
the baltic sea. And they gravity of the earth is not constant..
its about 9,78 m/s2 at the äquator and about 9,83 m/s2 on the
north- and south pole...

Also the watertempature in this high density
saltwaterareas is normaly higher than on the freswater areas
near to the North or South. But the wind blowes
higher were ? I think on the Äquator areas..

Also the capicity to hold the temperature is higher in saltwater.

But your are right in commercial ship tank test they made also
messuring of density of the water and the temperature.

Unfourtunatly the scale problem with your model
and the original cover (maybe) the small amount of effect.
(means for your model the atoms of the water are bigger in scale
than for the original scale ship. So its creates other geometry of
waves than the orignial ship.)

Lot work if you figures with so small effects..

Carsten - and if your sailboats sails in mercury it will capzied
without wind.