[PSUBS-MAILIST] Painting with resin

In a message dated 2/27/00 9:11:10 PM Pacific Standard Time,
vulcania@interpac.net writes:

<<
 Also, I wasn't thinking of cloth, just resin.  I used this to protect the
 welds and some ballast tank portions hidden under panels in free-flooding
 areas; it seems to have remained without flaking off; and there isn't any
 corrosion visible underneath.  Whatayathink of painting the entire boat with
 resin, minus the cloth?

 Pat >>

Hi Pat,

You might run into trouble with the resin (with or without cloth)
delaminating from the metal.  They probably have different shrinking
characteristics at different temps.  (I'm sure there is a technical term for
that.)  Once you have cracks or crazing in the resin, then you have a real
corrosion problem with water trapped underneath.  Beware and experiement
before applying it to your baby.
Gene