Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Deep Flight

I've heard about "deep flight" over the years and I'm pretty familiar with
the story, but it's almost impossible to get any information on the project.
I tried a web site about a year ago, I think I may have gotten it from this
site, but it was no longer available. Aside from the torpedo like design and
the composite structure, was there any thing about the design that was
innovative. I think the hull was multiweb wound, epoxy impregnated, over a
HD polyethylene membrane like they make high pressure composite tanks out of
(not new technology). Did they use batteries for propulsion, and was this
more of a media event than an innovative event? I think that Phil was at the
ceremony for this, if my memory serves me. Any of you guys that do a lot of
name dropping and seem to be connected to these events have any sources or
knowledge?? Suds