Did you know some people fly kites underwater? [Slightly off topic -- was: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] newbee]

-----Original Message-----
From: Captain Nemo <vulcania@interpac.net>
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Date: Friday, February 18, 2000 01:37 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] newbee

>From: "Allan Gaines" <Allan_Gaines@yahoo.com>
>" Parachutes, parawings, or parafoils?"

>All of the above.  Rounds: 28, 32, and 35 footers; Navy Conical;
>Paracommander, Thunderbow. Sierra, etc.;  Parawings: rogalo-types like the

    I'm in a hurry, so this is a "quick" reply.  [I'll try to
make a more complete reply later- I'm going out-of-town
tomorrow.]

    I understand parawings had a 'reputation' for not opening
as reliably as parachutes or parafoils.  Is this true?

    I'm interested in parawings for kites (as in, "Go fly a...").
I'm also interested in maybe adapting parafoils and
parawings for model rocket (or amateur rocket) recovery.
I use to be into model rocketry in the 70's, and I wouldn't
mind getting back into it again.  My daughter has shown
some interest, and I'd be glad to jump back into it helping her.

    -Allan

    P.S.  I just reread that "...in the 70's..." line.  Boy, do I feel
old (and I'm only 39). <g>