Re: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Launching at the boat ramp

-----Original Message-----
From: SJSVOB@aol.com <SJSVOB@aol.com>
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Date: Thursday, February 10, 2000 03:08 PM
Subject: Re: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Launching at the boat ramp

><<" Even better would be a James Bond car. What fun it would be at the ramp

>have a car drive down the ramp and sink. ;)>>
>
>Don't forget that in the passenger seat you'd have to have an exotic femme
>fatale in a fur-lined bikini to admire at your exploit.

    Actually, a fuel-cell-powered electric car would be
ideal for this.  Build it to be waterproof (so-to-speak).
The fuel cell would use H2 and air when on land, then
carry supplemental O2 for underwater use.

    The only thing is, you have to build the body to
resist the pressure of the water (if it's going to
be an ambient design).

    BTW, would a fuel cell work using nitrous oxide
as an oxidizer?  I'd think nitrous would be safer
to carry (and be easier to obtain comercially).