Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] University Competition

This sounds like the International Submarine Races... or has someone else
taken that over?

I served as a volunteer when the third ISR was held in Ft. Lauderdale in June
0f 1993.  I have a number of photos of the entries, which I could scan for
the group if there is interest.

Several were quite spectacular.... even an entry from Disney World with a
beautiful carbon fiber body.   UCLA had an entry with a unique propeller
system designed much like helicopter blades which eliminated the need for
control surfaces for yaw and pitch....  Cal-Tech's design seemed to be a
winner to me because of small size and streamlining, but they had a few bugs
in the propulsion and ballasting that they didn't get ironed out in time....

In case anyone wants to scope it out... http://www.isrsubrace.org/

Stan