Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Turtle

At 0617 -0600 02/11/0, Michael B Holt wrote:
>I re-ran the numbers after building a better simulated hull.   It's still
>about 10,000 pounds displacement (not counting the conning tower).
>
>According to the sources I've found, it was 7 1/2 feet long and 6 feet
>wide.   I had to guess at the height, but judging by the size of the
>figure of the pilot, it couldn't have been less than eight feet from
>the keel to the "deck."

Geez it's HUGE! All the illustrations I've seen in kids' books make it look like a barrel. A large barrel, with elbow room (cranking room?), but... wow. By "7 1/2 feet long" do you mean "high"?

Re: The Hunley. I propose a nice cavalier P-Subs T-shirt slogan: "Gee, I hope we don't die."

HEY, AND DANGIT: What's the word on the dirty "S" word appearing in the first lines already? :-)

--
David
Osage MN USA