[PSUBS-MAILIST] Women (was: Launching at the boat ramp)

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000 15:04:44 EST SJSVOB@aol.com writes:

><<" Even better would be a James Bond car. What fun it would be at the
ramp to
>have a car drive down the ramp and sink. ;)>>
>
>Don't forget that in the passenger seat you'd have to have an exotic
>femme fatale in a fur-lined bikini to admire at your exploit.

We're back to women, now, are we?

Just to take a sort-of side trip . . .

Let's think about the better-known fictional submarines: were there
any women?   As some of you may recall, there was a woman on the
movie version of the Seaview (Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea), but
you never get to see a woman on a sub until "Operation Petticoat."
No chicks in "Ice Station Zebra," or "Hunt for Red October."  I'm
ignoring "Abyss" and the like, where the subs were all a bit different.

John Holland married a woman a lot younger than he: by about 20
years, as I recall (I'll check after dinner).

So in general, submariners don't pay a lot of attention to women.  Or,
more precisely, they separate their women from their submarines.
Damn shame.

Anyone ever met a woman seriously interested in submarines?
I'm sure she'd be fascinating.

Mike
--

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!