Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] caught up, "AVI FORMAT"

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Buchner" <buchner@wcta.net>

"About this AVI-movie thing. This seems as good a time as any to figure out
why I don't seem to be able to run anything but straight QuickTime movies
with the QuickTime player."

Dave (and all),

I'd driving a two year old Packard Bell with WINDOWS 95.

I haven't had time to look into MPEG compression yet, but will soon.  (NOTE:
If someone could explain to me how to do this, it would be a big help
towards getting the AVI up on PSUBS.  Please email me directly.)

It's my understanding that WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER will open and play this AVI;
you can download WMP  for free at internet  news sources like MSNBC and
others who provide it so you can view their files.

As I explained to Ray, I'm waiting on a piece of equipment that should be
here this week; I'm going to do a better quality version of the AVI (the
other one was a tad too "grainy" in comparison to the clip itself); and then
I'll be sending it to PSUBS.

Some of you asked to have it directly sent to your email address; I'll see
what I can do.  Will be in touch with you before I send it your way, in any
event, so you won't be wondering why it's taking ten years for your incoming
email to download.  ;-)

VBR,

Pat Regan
vulcania@interpac.net