[PSUBS-MAILIST] Ray: "Launching" AVI...

OK!  I got the video-editing program up, and I made a clip I can convert to AVI.  Problem is, I went kind of overboard.  At 1 minute and 15 seconds running time, It features the launch, some surface running, a dive and surface sequence, haulout, and trailering scenes; with transitions and music: it's pretty neat to watch; but it takes up 7.35 megabites; and takes almost 25 minutes to download from email!  (OUCH!)

On my end, it opens up and plays in a matter of seconds; but it would be a drag if everytime someone on your end wanted to see it, they had to wait 25 minutes for it to download.  I'm not sure how this works (first time I've tried to do this).

What do you think, Ray?

1.  Is 1:15 too long of a clip?

2. Is 7.35 megabites (about SIX floppy's worth!!!) too much info  to dedicate to this project on your site?

3. Will it take 25 minutes to download everytime someone wants to see it on PSUBS; or just the first time you download it from email?

Please let me know your thoughts about all this; and don't worry about hurting my feelings, because I want this to be right.

I can always make a shorter one with less frills.

I'll be standing by to hear from you.

Very best regards,

Pat Regan
vulcania@interpac.net