Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Trailer launch (was Langkawi Islands)

On 2-1-00 Captain Nemo of the Nautilus writes;

>>About this Captain Nemo thing...I put that up as my "nom-de-PC" when I first
got my computer; had something to do with my NAUTILUS, being on a volcanic
island in the Pacific I call Vulcania, and such.
It's become so trite and clich

é that I sometimes feel embarrassed using it;
and I was going to dump it; but some well-meaning (?) souls encouraged me to
hang on to it, so it stayed.  I just want everyone to know I realize there's
probably 20,000 other guys using that handle; I know it just says "I like
subs"; and I'm not off on some head trip thinking I'm THE Captain Nemo, or
anything like that.  (OK, I did ram a parked boat the first time I took the
NAUTILUS for a spin, but that was accidental!)<<

Well Cap'n,  you may not be "THE Captain Nemo" but you're our Captain Nemo AND I
bet there aren't 20,000 guys out there with their own Nautilus sub!!  So like
the T-Shirt that says "I own a Harley - Not just a T-shirt!!" you've got the
sub.

As for trite and cliche -  sounds like fun to me!

Right now I'm just a dreamer with a canoe as my watercraft inventory.  But when
the time comes I'll have a computer full of sub lore from PSUBS to draw from.

from just above the waterline,

Dan