Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Whooops!

    Yeah, I agree, great idea.   I think the first
step should be some kind of poll to determine what
everyone's needs and/or wants are.  We could work out
the technical stuff after we all figure out what we
want exactly, no?  Pending more responses I may have
more to add later.....

                        Regards,

                             Chris Nugent

--- Carsten Standfuß <MerlinSub@t-online.de> wrote:
> Carsten - from Germany
>
> Timesharing submarine - great idear.
>
> I want a submarine only about 1 or 2 month a year,
> so timesharing
> seems possible. But it has to be a profi-offshore
> submarine to
> fullfill all requests from the differnt users.
>
> Seem a good idear that the sub has to be so small
> that you can use
> a normal 40 feet container means inside container 12
> x 2,35 x2,35 m
> or equal 39 x 7,7 x7,7 feet.
>
> A full scale MERMIAD V is here available for about
> 100.000 Dollar (or
> Euro) its about 7,4 x 1,8 x 2,7 m ( 1 feet = 0,3048
> m help yourself).
> Has two maipulators, diver look out, 4 persons, dive
> deep 260 m.
> speed is up to 2,7 kn, weight is about 12,5 t.
> Endurance 10 hours.
>
> Will give for my part about 10.000-20.000 Dollar and
> will not accept
> more than 5-10 owners..
>
> regards, Carsten
>
> Ray Keefer schrieb:
> >
> > Hi Jonathan Wallace,
> >
> > How many addresses do we have in the
> personal_submersibles list?
> >
> > All,
> >
> > Once we have that number we should divide by 10 to
> get a number of people who
> > would be interested and maybe divide by 100 to get
> those who would actually
> > put money on it. For the sake of conversation lets
> divide by 10 and see where
> > it goes.
> >
> > Issues would be:
> >
> > Costs
> >         To aquire a sub
> >                 Total cost / number of time shares
> = cost per time share
> >         Yearly Membership Fee (for upkeep, taxes,
> recertification, licenses,
> >                 insurance, salary, parts....)
> >                 Yearly total / number of time
> shares = cost per time share
> >
> > Week long cruises....hmmm. Actually it would be
> more like:
> >         Saturday        maintenance, refill
> consumables, refuel,
> >                         inspect, clean.... (one
> day as an extreme minimum)
> >         Sunday - Friday available for cruising,
> additional consumables, refuel
> >
> > Periodic maintenance
> >         One month enough? One week a quarter for
> three quarters and one month
> >                 in the forth quarter? Home much
> time and frequency would we
> >                 need?
> >         Who is going to do it or be hired to do
> it?
> >         Who is going to schedule the cruises and
> maintenance?
> >         Is it going to be a full time position?
> Part time?
> >         One person?
> >         Salary?
> >
> > Location
> >         Where would the sub base be? In Florida?
> >         In a yacht club? On our own beach front?
> >         How about several beach front condos with
> docks with a SportSub at
> [...]

=====
"Noisy outside, empty inside." - Confucius