Kort Nozzle

Hello All:
A very important area of psub design has to do with propulsion.  The ideal is low speed and high thrust.  Low speed because visibility is poor in most waters.  High thrust to quickly maneuver out of harm's way.  To my knowledge, nothing serves these requirements better than a kort nozzle.  Having looked over the available information on the web, here are my conclusions:

Kort nozzles increase low-speed thrust over typical stand alone props.  They are used extensively on tugboats and other work vessels requiring a great amount of thrust for push and pull.
The increased thrust is transferred to the craft's hull via the nozzle as apposed to delivering increased thrust via the shafting ie. seals, bearings, motor, motor mounts, hull.
The prop blades are constructed in such a way as to have minimal clearance to the nozzle's surface to reduce turbulance and drag.  Their purpose is to pull water through the nozzle.
The nozzle has a cross-sectional airfoil shape not unlike a jet or rocket exhaust nozzle, or an airplane wing's lifting surface with the upper wing surface on the inside of the nozzle.  Water enters the nozzle and is high-pressure constricted, and leaves the nozzle  low-pressure expanded producing forward thrust through increased velocity.
To my mind there must be three all important variables involved in designing a kort system:
1) Airfoil shape
2) Prop pitch/diameter
3) Position of prop for/aft within the nozzle

It's all very interesting.  I found one web page that said the reason there is not much info on korts is because most of it is classified.  Can anyone of you provide additional information?  I look forward to your replies.
TTYL,
Big Dave