Pressure Vessel Book

Hello friends:
As you all know by now, there is a recommended book list on the psubs home
page.  The books are technical for the most part, and need to be read with
the idea in mind to extract whatever information is available that is
related to psubs design.
Obviously, most tech books will attempt to cover as much area as possible to
attract the greatest possible readership, and why not?  Still, we are
primarily concerned with designing and operating a craft that has to endure
extreme external pressure.
Having  performed a brief survey of the selected publications, I feel I have
to make an additional recommendation.
I recently ordered a book and CD intitled "Pressure Vessel Handbook" with a
free 15-day trial review period.  The web page address is
http://www.pressure-vessel.com/   The book is a reference that eliminates
much time and effort with calculations.  Many of the calculations that we
have to do in the process of design are provided by easy to read tables.  I
highly recommend this book.
Sure, this book goes overboard in terms of detail.  After all, it was
written for the engineer assigned the task of designing a vessel that will
comply with ASME code.  But many other books on the list go equally
overboard.  It's just a book that I feel is necessary to complete the psub
library.
Much has been said in the past about the differences in designing a vessel
for internal pressure eg. propane tank,  as opposed to one with external
pressure.  This book explains it all with drawings detailing the correct way
of welding according to ASME code and much more.
The cost is expensive according to the web page.  But having received my
copies of the book and CD in the mail, I was charged only $99.  The CD is
the book in .pdf format--much easier to read than the book--and includes a
copy of Acrobat.  A very good deal.

Pressure Vessel Handbook
Eleventh Edition, 1998
Eugene F. Megyesy