Deep Submergence Pressure Tank Laboratory

Hi PSUBbers,

Busby says the Navy has pressure testing facilities that can fit entire
PSUBs, and that these facilities are available to private citizens so long
as there is no scheduling conflict, and the private citizen covers the cost
of the test.

Since the facility is in my neighborhood (just outside Washington DC), I
called and asked if what Busby said in 1976 still holds true... and it does!
As to how much a test would actually cost, they told me it is worked out on
a case by case basis, and depends on factors such as the tank used, the
instrumentation, which personnel are involved, how long it takes, etc.

The attached page provides details of the facilities and contact
information.

-Alec Smyth

 http://www.dt.navy.mil/online/tech/facs/1045DPSB.html

Deep Submergence Pressure Tank Laboratory.url