Re: RE: The K-250 and the rest of Kittredge's plans

In a message dated 10/21/99 10:32:31 PM, CAHENESY@gapac.com writes:

<<

Well.. I have only seen a couple of pictures of a 250.. so I know very

little about them in general and nothing about the 350.  How is seating

arranged? (Side by side or inline?)  How is propulsion handled? Ballast?

Trim?  What control surfaces does it have if any?  How are pitch, and roll

handled (If at all)?  I just want some info on the main systems (since

things like propulsion and steering can be done so many ways)

    Thanks!

    Chris

Seating is fore and aft--in the standard L model, George has the passenger
aft of the pilot with side mounted ports to look out of. I don't care for
that too much, as I would rather get some work out of my passenger. I am
about to replace the hull cylinder of my K with a longer segment and will lay
the passenger down with head to bow and give them the manipulator and camera
to operate.

Ballast and trim are straight forward. Main Ballast Tanks are vented at the
conning tower by valves with stems through the pressure hull and the trim is
a hard tank slung between the battery pods vented through a manifold and
blown with stepped down high pressure air.

No control surfaces on the standard K and trim is managed with lead shifting
and body English. The side thrusters pivot 360 degrees from inside and the
aft thruster pivots with a steering yoke and operate by foot motion. I am
changing that on mine as I like rudders and dive planes. Will let you know
how it works out.

Hope this helps some,
Vance