Re: Viewports gobbed on with silicon

OK guys, anyone got a club so we can finish off that horse, Ha. I agree,
that under high pressure (500 psi), cold forming of polycarbonate may be a
problem, but not at the pressures I'm looking at (50psi), especially if it's
1/2 to 3/4 inch thick. Creep is very low. I'm also willing to trade off
scratch resistance for impact strength. We're only comparing Rockwell 70 vs
100 for Poly vs Acrylic, respectively. I've designed products for processing
with injection molding machine using both materials and PETG, but I don't
have the experience that some of you have with view ports. Nothing beats
experience. I might have to revisit Acrylic. I think I'm going to keep this
decision open until latter, which is good. It's great to get this type of
feedback. Thanks for the help.