Re: Silver sub

Thanks Jon, but I don't need to visit your web site, I've looked at it many
times, and love your designs. I usually find many ways to improve on a
product, but I'm having a hard time improving on your aesthetics. In fact my
sub incorporates many of the features you have on your site. I intend on
making the  two piece canopy myself. I'll probably make the inner hull from
stainless or aluminum. I've welded on both, but I prefer the strength of
stainless, especially when considering that the pressure is evenly
distributed over all surfaces. I've got some friends looking for stainless
scrap know, and depending on what I can find will determine how my internal
hull is configured. New stainless is cost prohibitive, and I don't want to
roll form it. I might have to weld sections together and reinforce them with
ribs. I intend on keeping it to a minimal volume to minimize air volume,
mass, ballast, increase strength, etc, etc. I've already found some DC
motors, 96-140vdc, 15 HP units, which should really make the unit fly.
Unfortunately, I'm looking at controllers, relays, etc, which you really
need for high output units like this, ie, not your typical trolling motor.
With those high voltages and currents, I can't afford a short. Also I'm
looking at a Kort nozzle configuration for the inlet. I haven't figured out
all the physics yet for an optimum high velocity, low pressure imbedded
nozzle, so I'm still doing the research on this. If I can find some good
engineering calcs on Kort nozzles, I'll be happy. If anyone out there wants
to look at an aesthetically (really cool) designed sub, I suggest they visit
Jon's web site
http://www.huv.com/jon/MiniSub.
Paul