Re: acrylic; motors

In a message dated 8/3/99 4:48:55 AM, Buchner@wcta.net writes:

<<(1) So is oil like
water then -- not very compressible? (2) Does this work with just any
motor? Why doesn't the oil short out bare electrical parts, like brushes or
whatever? Is oil not conductive?

---------
David>>

lighter weight, but still non-compressible (more or less-water and oil are
both pretty stiff items at 10K psi)--and the oil in question has to be
non-conductive--ie., transformer oil--truth to tell, I wouldn't bother with
it unless it was absolutely necessary as it is mess, requires a compensation
system, needs topping up after dives ... did I mention the mess?
Vance