"Submarine Experts"

Fellow sub nuts,
I also joined like Vance said he did to get wet and learn about how to get
together with people who really know about either designing, building and
operating a personal sub.  At Electric Boat, hundreds of special shop crafts
are used to build a seaworthy hull, ship systems, damage control,
communications, sea trials, and hundreds, if not thousands of more things.
You are still a man (or woman, sorry Ginger and Marsee) that must do
basically the same things to survive as does the human in a Sea Wolf.
(Nobody pick on me now cuz my pipe wrench and fist is probably bigger than
yours)

Charles, I feel your anger cuz I also dream of a personal sub.  Not knowing
your personal capabilities, I would most certainy suggest obtaining
knowledge of hydodynamics, neutral bouyancy, steel shape and plate welding
and faring, x-ray checks on penetration, pipe fitting, electrical wiring,
salt spray testing, sea state abilities and so on.  I've looked at near new
gov't surplus ocean bouys and thought they could be a pressure vessel with a
nice Los Angeles class looking non-pressure skin for surface running and
just plain mean looking to scare the local fising fleet.  captains.  But the
welds, etc. looked like expensive junk even for less than 100 ft dives.

I'll pass on anything I find.  Don't let people bug you or goat you to anger
and discourage you from building your sub.  Most are arm chair Admirals
anyway.  Also, some sub "expert" on this 103 member list should answer or
just acknowledge the two messages from the lady, Ginger.  Where are your
manners men?  F. Phillips