Re: Bond sub/car questions

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Keefer <Ray.Keefer@eng.Sun.COM>
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Date: Wednesday, June 02, 1999 02:36 PM
Subject: Bond sub/car questions

    ***snip***

>have to be able to seal very tightly and in multiple locations. Engine
>and fuel tank will have to be sealed. Diesel engine for surfaced and land
>operation.

{shameless plug for fuel cells again:}

    This is kind of the idea I've been trying to promote with fuel cells
[FC]:
FC power to operate the car while on land (H2 and air), then use
self-contained O2 while underwater.  Then you don't have a whole
buttload of weight taken up by diesel engine or batteries, either of
which only operates while the thing is in one environment or another.