Re: Optical Domes

Hello AC,
I haven't done the calculations yet on required thickness for your dome
and it might be difficult to back up the calc's by the ASME book as they
start at .5" thick regardless of depth.  However, I did find acrylic
plastic hemispheres in the Edmund Scientific catalog, Industrial Optics
Division.  The 8" dome is only 3/16" thick though.  They sell for $43.95
each (last years price).  The web site is  www.edsci.com and the phone
number is (609)573-6250.  Hope this helps.  Remember the fork scenario,
you can't accept advice without risk.  Test, double check, and test
again!
Dick Morrisson