Diesel/Electrics

AIP is wonderful Tom Swift stuff, but I consider it a Poor Man's Nuke. It's
nice if you're trying to hide from ASW aircraft, and it's nice if you want
to go as fast submerged as on the surface. Psubbers aren't running or hiding
from anybody. Yes, diesels are heavy, but we're not building airplanes here.
Diesel/Electric propulsion isn't trick, but it falls under the Engineering
umbrella of "Good Enough." As for girls, they generally use less oxygen. :-o
Joe