Re: Various Disconnected

Erik,
	Oooooohhhh!!!!!  I love it when you talk technical.
	Speaking of box section hulls, the Nekton Series all have that box
keel let into their hulls and used as a battery compartment.  These babies
are STRONG, as you can imagine.  I didn't measure the wall thickness down
there, but it looked like 3/4" or so with thick webs every foot or so.  They
are designed around a package of eight 6-volt golf cart batteries.
	The box projects an inch or two into the hull, and is webbed
internally between box wall & hull shell, and the hull has two, count 'em,
two, ribs (one between the conning tower penetration and the endcap weldment
fore and aft--but does not have one centered on the conning tower itself).
Running those numbers must have been a LOT of fun!
Regards,
Vance