Re: Welcome Vance

>Richard,
>	Will track Trojan down again, thanks.  Arm in the works.  Bob
>Wicklund (Nekton Beta) and I spent last weekend crawling around on
Beta.
>Their arm is sort of an articulated guy (backhoe style) that Doug
Privitt
>built years ago.  Won't work exactly on my K but the power plant
>(HydraPerfect International) is just the deal.  I've been looking for
one for
>centuries.  They also use electro-hydraulic spool valves from Womack
Machine
>Supply which look to be nearly affordable.  $450 for pp and $82 each
for the
>spool valves plus the attendant wiring, connections and supply.  Then
the
>arm.  I'm just going to klooge a small telescoping style like the
early
>Perry's from some bits and pieces around the garage.  4-function.
Shoulder
>left/right & up/down, arm extend and jaws open/close.  Wrist rotate
function
>is handy but cumbersome and tends to be heavy so I won't fool with
it.  I
>will also have a spare actuator for a collection basket open and
close
>piston.  Speaking of pistons, any idea on resources for 1/4" shaft
short
>stroke (3 to 6 inch) single and double acting hyd. pistons.  Not the
pressed
>together units, but the brass rebuildables.
>Regards,
>Vance

Vance,

On the hydraulics, try contacting the Surplus Center in Lincoln
Nebraska, 402-474-5167.  They have a catalog with many pages of
hydraulic cylinders, motors, pumps, filters, powerpacks and much
more.  All of the items are new (never been used) factory surplus, and
in very good condition. They probably have what you're looing for.
The inventory changes from time to time.  The prices are very
reasonable.  I think they still sell a miniature spool valve assembly.

Richard