Batteries

Hello Vance,

My batteries are sealed so I cannot use the Hydrocaps. I was really
interested using a different sort of catalytor. I have the Maimi address so
don't go to the trouble of looking up their address. Thanks.

I also worked at HBOI (in the engineering group) for a while primarily to
gather information on their battery systems to use in my Sub. They have not
tried the newer sealed AGM batteries to my knowledge.

Lifeline advertises that no hydrogen evolution or at least very low hydrogen
occurs during charge and discharge cycles unless reverse charging or
excessive over charging outside their published limits happens. Reverse
charging is very destructive and can occur during high depth of discharge,
particularly with long series strings of batteries.

The battery system is based on the technology developed and used in the old
Gate sealed lead acid cells using Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) as the plate
separators. The system is called a starved electrolyte system with no free
electrolyte. You might want to take a look at their website. My opinion is
that these batteries are better than the older wet electrolyte cells you are
used to. Better doesn't mean completely safe.

Have fun,

Ken Martindale

In a message dated 4/15/99 6:00:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,