Re: concrete weight (History)

About 25 years ago there were a few very good concrede boats built by
professional builders.  Many amateurs followed the same kind of logic
that I've seen on this group and build "ferrocement" boats too.
Unfortunately most disn't turn out too well.

At the marina that I built my steel boat (ok my bias is evident) there
was one in particular I remember.  The builder spent years building the
best looking boat in the marina.  When it came time to launch, the crane
that was to lift it into the water put slings underneath and began to
lift. It broke in half.

So, while it's quite possible to build out of anything, I don't
understand why you would take the difficult route with concrete.

('interesting discussion though)

BTW, do a search for "ferrocement boat" using a search engine like

	http://www.go2net.com/index_power.html

and you'll find all kinds of info and discussion.

--
Martin Sanderse