RE: Unmanned test dives

Agreed, there is no substitute for at least one "dunk" style proof test.  The frames should have much less of a creep problem than plastic though and a single proof test should be sufficient.  Cycling to check fatigue of a steel hulled sub should not be a question for one with an adequite safety margin.  Note: "fatigue" and "creep" are specific engineering terms, not my personal ones.

I hope to make a sub with a large acrylic dome similar to "Deep Flight" someday and will be making up a test rig such as I described.  I will let everyone know when (if) I do so others can benefit from it's use.