Common units

Hi,

> > An on units of measurement: Does anyone else suffer as I do? Talk of cubic
> feet, gallons, atm, pounds etc is the language of my Grandfather (An
> aerospace engineer during the 60s) I thought the modern scientific world
> used Meters, Kilograms and KiloPascals. Most confusing trying to convert
> everything before doing the maths. If I'm in tiny minority, I'll live with
> it, otherwise it might be nice for people with formulas to state them in
> Imperial and Metric? I'd hate to drown because I wasn't using enough firkins
> per league! ;-)
>
> Up here in Canada we do, in fact, use firkens per league.  As well as
> Geswalds per cubic bunt.  But, our poor bretheren south of the border
> insists on sticking with its antiquated ways because, well, . . . um.  I
> better not touch that one!

Us bretheren south of the border are just too comfortable with the antiquated
units of measure we inherited from our English cousins. Eventhough the
Metric System has been taught in our schools for the past 20 years I don't
see the United States changing anytime soon. We are just to stubborn, or
stupid, depending on your point of view. :)

However since this group IS International, I propose that we settle on the
Metric System of units. Any comments?

Regards,
Ray