Re: Pressuring 1 ATM Subs

>From: SJSVOB@aol.com
>Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 19:51:55 EST
>To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
>Subject: Re: Pressuring 1 ATM Subs
>
><< Why if ypou make the open botome part of the ambient dry sub big
enough
> and had suba equipment in side with you you could exit the sub and
> reenter with out problem tink of it like this yo make a second level
> the sub below the cabin that is open to the sea then you make a non
> sealing hach or a door so you don't get wet inthe second upper space
or
> cabin then wile submerged you could egress out of the opening if
> nessisary or to just get out and explore. this is an idea one of my
> freind is making crossing the plans from the C-Questor and his own
> idea(it look mor like a real sub than the questor).  >>
>
>Yes, but let's say you are ascending from depth and your body is loaded
with
>Nitrogen.  I would suppose that anyone cruising around in an ambiant
sub is
>probably using some sort of Dive Computer to keep track of their
Nitrogen
off the
>sub so that you can decompress, but suddenly something malfunctions and
your
>sub continues to ascend.  You are suddenly faced with the situation
where you
>must bail your sub or risk the bends.  I don't have much experience
going
>against the dive tables but being in an ascending sub and passing my
required
>decompression stop while I scramble to get out of the sub isn't my idea
of
>fun.
>
>Also, being in a pressurized compartment and using O2 tanks can cause
some
>complications also, you definitely do not want to raise the ppO2 level
too
>high.

I understand what your saying but my freind plans on wearing the tanks
but not useing them till time to evac also he has don some surface
testing to escape kinda like a firedrill if you will and he can get out
in 4 1/2 second s so he probably will be ok. he's the diver I'm just
starting my dive instructions next week from the ymca.